Friday, July 23, 2010

First post... from my bedroom in Los Angeles.

This is my first post on a blog, ever.

And since this blog is intended to narrate my next year abroad in Argentina, it might seem a bit premature to start it up with a post written while Stateside. However, I think I'll enjoy reading this next July 22nd, and seeing how much has changed.

I'm sitting on my lovely, enormous bed at my house in Los Angeles, eyeballing the big mama suitcase I have yet to actually zip... as well as the overweight child of that big mama, also waiting to be tackled. I've tried -- really, really tried! -- not to over pack. But, as is the general flavor of my expectations for this journey, who the hell knows what I'll be needing.

I've had a wonderful but short summer break and seen most of the people who make me smile. Just like I felt when I was leaving New York, I'm sad and not quite ready to let go of something good, but simultaneously more than ready to take on something new.

Scared? Shitless. Brave? A bit of that, too. I already miss the people I love, and am already fascinated by the people I'm going to meet. I know I'm about to be confused and lonely, but I'm also going to be crazy busy and excited. So, with that little fun bag of emotions added to my already conspicuous pile of luggage, I'm going to do my darndest leave everything else behind tomorrow morning.

See you in Argentina, my loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment