Saturday, July 24, 2010

Here I am! In Buenos Aires!

Hola, mis amores.

Well. A long journey, it was. Three airports, two flights, and one (very effective, somewhat wacky) Ambien later, I write from my bedroom in the San Telmo neighborhood of Buenos Aires. The townhouse where I am living is very cute and despite the fact that I haven't quite gotten the heating situation down in my room, I think I'm going to like it here.

I've met a few of my housemates, one of whom -- Simone -- I was convinced was a chica. Not the case. He is a very sweet Italian guy who dropped me off at a pizzeria around the corner post-nap/unpacking so I could cure my general jetlag malaise. I ate enough random sandwiches on the plane but of course was ravenous again and as the new kid in town, was a bit timid about venturing out to find nourishment.

At the pizzeria, which was just the cutest place ever (look out, at this rate, I'm going to find every corner CUTE), I snagged a piece of amaaaaazing pizza and a cafe con leche. Insta-happy. I felt sooo much better after a few Z's and some grease. After that, I wandered around a little to find an electronics store and potentially a pharmacy. Go me, I found several of both! But, of course you were right, Dad. They were closed. However, I got some good language practice in there and while I am clearly a foreigner once I open my mouth, I can tell that I've already picked up a few things.

I'm off to make sense of the shower situation. I can't tell if I'll leave the house again tonight. Except to find more food, claro! Helloooo, junior fifteen!

besos

No comments:

Post a Comment