Sunday, August 1, 2010

I want to be a tanguera.

Last night, I kicked off a marathon evening with some pals from the program and our tango teacher, Marcelo, at a tangueria, where we watched a milonga. There was a big dance floor lined with tables and couples just freestyle tango'ed for hours and hours... it was incredibly beautiful. Our other tango teacher, Barbara, danced with her partner Mario and I couldn't believe how elegant and talented they both were. A fantastic tango orchestra played, and I must say that there's nothing like good live music, especially when it involves 11 bandoleones and some kick-ass violin.
Speaking of live music, I'm off to assist a couple friends in handing out flyers for their music event tonight! It's a lovely, windy day and despite having come home when then sun was rising, I feel pretty good (and have narrowly avoided a buzzkillness... that's a buzzkilling - illness... hah).

Ciao, boludos!

No comments:

Post a Comment